The Big Picture
Do you take pride in helping educators and students succeed? Are you constantly looking for opportunities to do well by doing good? At Zoobean, you will have the opportunity to do meaningful work that helps grow our current client population, of school districts and public libraries, serving over two million readers.
Zoobean is now hiring for a Senior Sales Development Representative (Senior SDR) who has been successful selling SaaS solutions to key decision makers in the K12 market. This highly motivated candidate’s primary focus will be outbound lead generation and qualification efforts. Contagious enthusiasm for Zoobean's mission and the passion to learn is essential in this role. This is a remote position for a company where most of our employees live in Washington, DC, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
You will join a scrappy, generous, and entrepreneurial crew driven to achieve and make a measurable, meaningful impact. The best part is that you get a unique opportunity to use your strengths and skills to challenge others to read more. After all, reading is to the mind as exercise is to the body.
Zoobean’s flagship products help people achieve reading goals by tracking reading and participating in reading challenges. We serve over 10,000 public library and school clients in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Over four million readers use our platform, Beanstack, to track their reading, earn incentives, and stay motivated to read.
Our Shark Tank appearance brought us Mark Cuban as an investor. We have since picked up Kapor Capital, Militello Capital, AlphaLab Gear, RevUp Capital, and the AT&T Aspire Accelerator as believers and backers to our wonderful cause. Our customers range from big to small and include Los Angeles Public Library, Hawaii Department of Education, and the Department of Defense.
On a typical day you will be…
- Executing proactive, value-add, and research-driven cold outreach via call and emails (50%).
- Crafting persona-based campaigns including writing email templates and creating outreach sequences (20%).
- Tracking all prospect interactions and activity in Hubspot (10%).
- Creating a territory plan by researching district/state reading initiatives, reviewing our current customer base, and analyzing outreach trends (10%).
- Collaborating in and periodically leading territory strategy calls with sales and marketing teams (10%).
You are successful if you are…
- Meeting and Exceeding KPIs - Meetings generated, pipeline influenced, and activities completed.
- Continuously growing in sales skills like gaining the commitment for time, objection handling, challenging, and active listening.
- Developing in Beanstack’s four key areas of practice (vision, relationships, process, and problem solving).
- Exemplifying our three core values of Love, Inclusion, and Awesomeness.
You’re a great fit if you are…
- Aligned with a team-first mentality that values success in collaboration and independent-work.
- Excited to learn, implement, and evaluate new strategies.
- Motivated by the opportunity to learn and exceed a goal.
Intrigued by a K12 startup environment that has the potential to evolve rapidly.
- Experienced in sales development with a toolkit of strategies like turning a “no” into a “yes” through consultative questioning and persistent prospecting.
- An avid reader!
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1+ years of SaaS selling experience required
- Proven track record in exceeding sales goals
- Ability to rapidly learn new technology
- Experience collaborating with a team towards a singular goal
- Demonstrated success in solo projects
- A love of learning
- Highest level of professionalism and integrity
- Availability to travel in assigned territory as needed
A Big Plus++
- Experience in Education
- An avid reader, podcast listener, and Shark Tank enthusiast
Salary and Benefits
- Salary will range from $65,000 to $100,000 plus commission commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Stock incentives equal to at least .1% ownership in the company
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance available
- Work from home
- At least 15 vacation days annually + a one week winter break from Xmas Eve to New Year's Day
- Participation in company's quarterly bonus plan for employees
- Friday lunch on your company credit card
- $1,200 annual professional development stipend
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity breeds innovation. We're building a product that helps librarians, educators, and families everywhere, and to do that well, we need a workforce that’s representative of the population we serve. We are actively looking to add members to our team who will bring diverse backgrounds, new perspectives, and a willingness to challenge us to improve the work we do every day.
From the Heart
At Zoobean, we live out three core values that are represented in our logo:
- Love: We are passionate about the work we do and give everything we can to our customers, investors, and each other.
- Inclusion: Our company grew out of a calling to help children and families see themselves in the books they read. That same commitment to diversity runs through all we do and gives each of us an opportunity to express our full selves while feeling a sense of belonging to a larger community.
- Awesomeness: This one speaks for itself.
If this hits you in the heart and mind, then come work with us.