The Big Picture
Do you take pride in helping schools succeed? Are you constantly looking for opportunities to do well by doing good? At Zoobean, you will have the opportunity to do meaningful work that helps grow our current client population, of school districts and public libraries, serving over two million readers.
Zoobean is hiring now for a school success specialist who has a history of exceptional achievement and outstanding attention to detail. This highly motivated candidate will support our school success managers in implementing our K-12 clients and ensuring they use our product to better achieve their goals. Contagious enthusiasm for Zoobean's mission and the passion to learn is essential in this role. This can be a remote position, Washington, DC area preferred.
You will join a scrappy, dynamic, and fun crew of twenty-five full-time teammates. The best part is that you get a unique opportunity to use your strengths and skills to challenge others to read more. After all, reading is to the mind as exercise is to the body.
Zoobean’s flagship products help people achieve reading goals by tracking reading and participating in reading challenges. We serve over 10,000 public library and school clients in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Over three million readers currently use our platform, Beanstack, to track their reading, earn incentives, and stay motivated to read.
Our Shark Tank appearance brought us Mark Cuban as an investor. We have since picked up Kapor Capital, Militello Capital, AlphaLab Gear, RevUp Capital, and the AT&T Aspire Accelerator as believers and backers. Our customers range from big to small and include New York Public Library, Hawaii Department of Education, Los Angeles Clippers, and the Department of Defense.
- Support our school success managers in implementing and supporting clients
- Communicate regularly with teachers, librarians, and administrators to drive use and engagement
- Drive engagement with schools during our annual Winter Reading Challenge and other national challenges
- Provide administrative support by managing school records, preparing launch materials, and product documentation
- Develop mastery of our comprehensive product suite and the competitive landscape
- Write straightforward, useful documentation for teachers, librarians, and administrators using our tools
- Ensure school client issues are resolved quickly, leveraging resources from across the company as needed
- Provide virtual support via our online ticketing and helpdesk system
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Proven history of high achievement
- Highest level of professionalism and integrity
Skills and Abilities
- Energy around and passion for delighting customers, eager to exceed their goals and expectations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a high level of professionalism.
- Good organizational and time management skills, including experience working with tight deadlines, confidence under pressure, prioritization, multi-tasking, and problem solving
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to define creative solutions to complex problems
- Exceptional communicator, both verbal and written
- Strong relationship building skills, both internally and externally
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of urgency
A Big Plus
- Experience in classroom teaching, library and media services, account management, and/or customer success
- Experience collaborating with a team both locally and virtually
- Experience using CRM software, especially Hubspot
- Location: Washington, DC
Salary and Benefits
- Salary will range from $45,000 to $60,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance available
- 401K Plan with company match
- Participation in company’s stock incentive plan
- At least 15 vacation days annually + a one week winter break from Christmas Eve to New Year's Day
- Participation in company's quarterly bonus plan for employees
- Friday lunch on your company credit card
- $1,200 annual professional development stipend
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity breeds innovation. We're building a product that helps librarians, educators, and families everywhere, and to do that well, we need a workforce that’s representative of the population we serve. We are actively looking to add members to our team who will bring diverse backgrounds, new perspectives, and a willingness to challenge us to improve the work we do every day.
From the Heart
At Zoobean, we live out three core values that are represented in our logo:
- Love: We are passionate about the work we do and give everything we can to our customers, investors, and each other.
- Inclusion: Our company grew out of a calling to help children and families see themselves in the books they read. That same commitment to diversity runs through all we do and gives each of us an opportunity to express our full selves while feeling a sense of belonging to a larger community.
- Hard Work: We believe that hard work keeps paying off and you can’t microwave experience. We finish stronger than we start.
- Awesomeness: This one speaks for itself.
If this hits you in the heart and mind, then come work with us.