The Big Picture
Do you enjoy applying analytic and creative problem-solving skills to technology that impacts peoples’ lives for good? Do you thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment? As part of Zoobean’s product team, you will have the opportunity to help shape products that build lifelong reading habits for readers all around the world.
The Quality Assurance Engineer is a motivated team player who will work with our product team to achieve the highest level of quality for our clients and users. You will work closely with our web and mobile development teams as well as our product manager and senior designer to establish and maintain quality standards through manual and automated testing. Communication and collaboration will be key to success.
You will join a scrappy, generous, and entrepreneurial crew of twenty-five full-time teammates, including eleven product team members. The best part is that you get a unique opportunity to use your strengths and skills to challenge others to read more. After all, reading is to the mind as exercise is to the body.
Zoobean’s flagship products help people achieve reading goals by tracking reading and participating in reading challenges. We serve more than 10,000 public library and school clients in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Over six million readers currently use our platform, Beanstack, to track their reading, earn incentives, and stay motivated to read.
Our Shark Tank appearance brought us Mark Cuban as an investor. We have since picked up Kapor Capital, Militello Capital, AlphaLab Gear, RevUp Capital, and the AT&T Aspire Accelerator as believers and backers to our wonderful cause. Our customers range from big to small and include the Los Angeles Public Library, the Hawaii Department of Education, and the Department of Defense.
- Participate in designing, developing, and running automated and manual tests in our web and mobile applications
- Formulate detailed test plans for both manual and automated testing
- Work with our development team to iteratively plan, test, and release high-quality feature development
- Understand feature and customer requirements and work with the product team to ensure those requirements are met
- Help manage, track, and diagnose bugs and production support issues using Asana
- Work with product leads to develop and manage processes for User Acceptance Testing, including communicating testing instructions, troubleshooting issues, and coordinating fixes with developers
- Attend daily product standups and be part of a team effort to make awesome products
Skills and Experience
- 1+ years of software QA or development experience, including automated and manual testing
- Analytical thinker with exceptional trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both client-facing and technical team members
- Demonstrated ability to balance long-term roadmap vision with shifting short-term priorities in a startup environment
- Sense of responsibility and collaborative team player
A Big Plus
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: iOS and/or Android simulators
- Experience working with a remote team
- Based in Pittsburgh, PA
Salary and Benefits
- Salary will range from $60,000 to $90,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K Plan with company match
- Participation in company’s stock incentive plan
- Participation in company's quarterly bonus plan for employees
- Work from home with the option to have the company lease co-working space on your behalf
- $500 home office setup stipend
- Attend, monthly in-person team lunches if you are based in Pittsburgh, DC, or Indianapolis
- Optionally participate in our annual team “fall break” where we kick back together at a resort or other destination
- At least 15 vacation days annually + a one week winter break from Xmas Eve to New Year's Day
- Office closed for all federal holidays and Juneteenth
- Friday lunch on your company credit card
- $1,200 annual professional development stipend
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity breeds innovation. We're building a product that helps librarians, educators, and families everywhere, and to do that well, we need a workforce that’s representative of the population we serve. We are actively looking to add members to our team who will bring diverse backgrounds, new perspectives, and a willingness to challenge us to improve the work we do every day.
From the Heart
At Zoobean, we live out three core values that are represented in our logo:
- Love: We are passionate about the work we do and give everything we can to our customers, investors, and each other.
- Inclusion: Our company grew out of a calling to help children and families see themselves in the books they read. That same commitment to diversity runs through all we do and gives each of us an opportunity to express our full selves while feeling a sense of belonging to a larger community.
- Hard Work: We believe that hard work keeps paying off and you can’t microwave experience. We finish stronger than we start.
- Awesomeness: This one speaks for itself.
If this hits you in the heart and mind, then come work with us.