National Sales Director
Are you a driven, dynamic sales leader ready to make an impact with a high-growth, mission-driven EdTech company?
It has never been more critical for educators and librarians to motivate students to read and to build a culture of reading in their communities. At Zoobean, you will have the opportunity to do meaningful work that helps grow their current client population of over 10,000 schools and public libraries.
Zoobean is seeking a proven, results-oriented National Sales Director to build, lead, and develop the sales team and help them reach their ambitious revenue goals and long-term vision. The ideal candidate will be an accomplished team leader with a deep understanding of software as a service, a proclivity to work in a small but growing EdTech company, and a demonstrated track record of exceeding sales goals.
- Lead a team of 4 to 8 sales account executives
- Develop and execute a sales strategy that delivers rapid and sustainable growth
- Communicate the strategy across the sales function; monitor the strategy as executed by the team, and focus the team on meeting and exceeding ambitious goals
- Generate annual sales plan and provide quarterly updates, revisions, and modifications
- Onboard, train and coach the team members with objective target setting, performance reviews and ongoing support to meet and exceed their individual sales goals
- Accurately forecast and report on measurable outcomes of team activity such as total closed deals, pipeline opportunity, win rate and recurring revenue
- Support sales team in closing deals, assisting with key accounts, and driving business development
- Partner and collaborate with company leads for sales development, marketing, client success, product, and business operations functions
- Develop mastery of the Beanstack solution, the competitive landscape, and key trends
- Deliver on and exceed sales goals
- Exemplify the company’s three core values: Love, Inclusion and Awesomeness
- Proven track record leading a sales team
- Demonstrated success hiring, training, and building a high performing team
- Experience selling renewal-based SaaS solutions
- Experience working for a company with less than 50 employees
- Experience selling into the K-12 market, preferably EdTech sales
- Ability to work remotely, preferably EST/CST
Zoobean’s flagship products help educators and librarians motivate people to read through competition, recognition, and proven gamification principles. They serve over 10,000 public library and school clients in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Over five million readers use their platform, Beanstack, to track reading, earn incentives, and stay motivated to read.
Their Shark Tank appearance brought them Mark Cuban as an investor. Zoobean has since picked up Kapor Capital, Militello Capital, AlphaLab Gear, RevUp Capital, and the AT&T Aspire Accelerator as believers and backers. Their customers range from big to small and include the Los Angeles Public Library, the Hawaii Department of Education, and the Department of Defense.
Salary and Benefits
- On target earnings are highly competitive, including a base salary ranging from $125K to $175K
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K Plan with company match
- Participation in the company's stock incentive plan
- Participation in the company's quarterly bonus plan for employees
- Work from home with the option to have the company lease co-working space on your behalf
- $500 home office setup stipend
- Attend in-person team lunches twice a year in Pittsburgh, DC, Florida, or Indianapolis
- Optionally participate in our annual team "fall break," where we kick back together at a resort
- At least 15 vacation days annually plus a one-week winter break from Xmas Eve to New Year's Day
- Office closed for all federal holidays
- Friday lunch on your company credit card
- Annual professional development stipend
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity breeds innovation. We're building a product that helps librarians, educators, and families everywhere, and to do that well, we need a workforce that’s representative of the population we serve. We are actively looking to add members to our team who will bring diverse backgrounds, new perspectives, and a willingness to challenge us to improve the work we do every day.
From the Heart
At Zoobean, we live out three core values that are represented in our logo:
- Love: We are passionate about the work we do and give everything we can to our customers, investors, and each other.
- Inclusion: Our company grew out of a calling to help children and families see themselves in the books they read. That same commitment to diversity runs through all we do and gives each of us an opportunity to express our full selves while feeling a sense of belonging to a larger community.
- Awesomeness: This one speaks for itself.
If this hits you in the heart and mind, then come work with us.