The Big Picture
Do you enjoy working with a team to achieve big goals? Are you looking for an opportunity to run marketing campaigns from end to end? At Zoobean, you will have the opportunity to do meaningful work that has a huge impact on our business and helps bring our products to more readers worldwide.
The marketing specialist is a curious, analytical professional who will contribute to the growth of Zoobean’s brand and products. You will play a large role in ideating, planning, and project managing a broad array of marketing initiatives. At the same time, we may ask you to contribute in new and unexpected ways as we grow and learn. And we hope you’ll push us in new directions too!
You will join a scrappy, generous, and entrepreneurial crew of twenty full-time teammates. In this role, you will work closely with the marketing, design, and sales teams. The best part is that you get a unique opportunity to use your strengths and skills to challenge others to read more. After all, reading is to the mind as exercise is to the body.
Zoobean’s flagship products help people achieve reading goals by tracking reading and participating in reading challenges. We serve over 7,000 public library and school clients in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Over three million readers currently use our platform, Beanstack, to track their reading, earn incentives, and stay motivated to read.
Our Shark Tank appearance brought us Mark Cuban as an investor. We have since picked up Kapor Capital, Militello Capital, AlphaLab Gear, RevUp Capital, and the AT&T Aspire Accelerator as believers and backers to our wonderful cause. Our customers range from big to small and include Los Angeles Public Library, Hawaii Department of Education, and the Department of Defense.
- Design social media campaigns across channels including (but not limited to) Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and monitor audience engagement on social media networks
- Manage website content including images, descriptions, press releases, landing pages, blog posts, white paper downloads, and webinar registration pages
- Work closely with sales and marketing team members to develop and execute campaigns, including account-based marketing, events, and sales enablement support
- Assist in executing an organic content strategy to drive increased and quality web traffic, improve SEO
- Manage regular email marketing campaigns
- Stay up-to-date on company services/offerings, competitive research and current industry trends
- 2+ years of experience in a marketing role
- Familiarity with a broad set of marketing tactics (email, social media, events, advertising, etc.), or willingness to explore and learn new skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a high level of professionalism
- Good organizational and time management skills, including experience working with tight deadlines, confidence under pressure, prioritization, multi-tasking, and problem solving
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to define creative solutions to complex problems
- Location: Washington, DC
A Big Plus
- Experience in the SaaS, Education, or Library Industries
- Experience collaborating with a team both locally and virtually
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Hubspot (or other CRM)
- Experience with Google Analytics
Salary and Benefits
- Salary will range from $50,000 to $80,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K Plan with company match
- Opportunity to work from home at least one day a week
- At least 15 vacation days annually + a one week winter break from Xmas Eve to New Year's Day
- Participation in company's quarterly bonus plan for employees
- Tuesday and Friday lunch on your company credit card
- $1,200 annual professional development stipend
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity breeds innovation. We're building a product that helps librarians, educators, and families everywhere, and to do that well, we need a workforce that’s representative of the population we serve. We are actively looking to add members to our team who will bring diverse backgrounds, new perspectives, and a willingness to challenge us to improve the work we do every day.
From the Heart
At Zoobean, we live out three core values that are represented in our logo:
- Love: We are passionate about the work we do and give everything we can to our customers, investors, and each other.
- Inclusion: Our company grew out of a calling to help children and families see themselves in the books they read. That same commitment to diversity runs through all we do and gives each of us an opportunity to express our full selves while feeling a sense of belonging to a larger community.
- Awesomeness: This one speaks for itself.
If this hits you in the heart and mind, then come work with us.