The Big Picture
Zoobean is seeking a full-time Marketing Manager to provide strategic and specialized marketing expertise for multiple high-impact campaigns and programs in order to drive growth and revenue. In this role, you will work closely with the Marketing Director to execute the strategic plan, bringing big-picture vision and fresh ideas to anything from email marketing, content development, and events. This role is ideal for someone with approximately 5 years of experience, and who is detail-oriented, highly motivated, and willing to be the ultimate team player.
Zoobean’s flagship products help people achieve reading goals by tracking reading and participating in reading challenges. We serve over 10,000 public library and school clients in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Over three million readers currently use our platform, Beanstack, to track their reading, earn incentives, and stay motivated to read.
Our Shark Tank appearance brought us Mark Cuban as an investor. We have since picked up Kapor Capital, Militello Capital, AlphaLab Gear, RevUp Capital, and the AT&T Aspire Accelerator as believers and backers to our wonderful cause. Our customers range from big to small and include Los Angeles Public Library, Hawaii Department of Education, and the Department of Defense.
- Plan, design, create, and execute multi-tactic marketing programs for both demand generation and lead nurturing programs.
- Develop and write marketing messaging materials targeted to buyer personas. Inform customers and prospects of Zoobean’s thought leadership, build brand awareness, and establish Beanstack as a leading SaaS offering in the industry.
- Partner with Sales, Product, Design, Client Success, and external vendors to create targeted messaging and content to support demand generation and brand awareness. i.e. content for our website, landing pages, collateral, emails, video, interactive, etc.
- Provide highly disciplined and organized project management and excellent communication across functional teams.
- Build strong partnering relationships, collaborate and manage inside and external resources as needed to execute programs.
- Analyze results of marketing programs and identify ways to improve campaign tracking & reporting effectiveness.
- Create, test, and optimize campaigns iteratively to maximize conversion.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required. Marketing specialty area of focus preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in marketing where developing and executing successful demand generation programs and delivering growth was a focus.
- Must be a strong communicator and collaborator with the ability to elicit ideas and feedback from a variety of organizations.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Strong project management skills, to own project plans through the lifecycle of various projects.
- Experience working with internal stakeholders to create messaging and collateral.
- Experience working with graphic designers or creative professionals to develop collateral that reflects the product brand and needs of the target audience.
- Proven experience in a wide variety of inbound/outbound marketing disciplines, including email, events, paid and organic search, social media, and paid advertising.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with little supervision
- Takes initiative and functions effectively, both independently and as a member of a team, with a willingness to take on and assist with routine and last-minute projects
- Must be a creative, self-motivated team player willing to take on all challenges and develop forward-thinking solutions
- An enthusiastic and “can-do” team spirit
- Strong relationship-building skills, both internally and externally
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of urgency and willingness to meet deadlines
- Receptiveness to feedback
A Big Plus
- Experience in education technology, publishing, or software marketing
Salary and Benefits
- Location: Remote
- Salary will range from $60,000 to $80,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K Plan with company match
- Participation in company’s stock incentive plan
- Participation in company's quarterly bonus plan for employees
- Work from home with the option to have the company lease co-working space on your behalf
- $500 home office setup stipend
- Attend in-person team lunches every 6 weeks in Pittsburgh, DC, or Indianapolis
- Optionally participate in our annual team “refresh” where we kick back together at a resort or other destination
- At least 15 vacation days annually + a one week winter break from Xmas Eve to New Year's Day
- Office closed for all federal holidays
- Friday lunch on your company credit card
- $1,200 annual professional development stipend
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity breeds innovation. We're building a product that helps librarians, educators, and families everywhere, and to do that well, we need a workforce that’s representative of the population we serve. We are actively looking to add members to our team who will bring diverse backgrounds, new perspectives, and a willingness to challenge us to improve the work we do every day.
From the Heart
At Zoobean, we live out three core values that are represented in our logo:
- Love: We are passionate about the work we do and give everything we can to our customers, investors, and each other.
- Inclusion: Our company grew out of a calling to help children and families see themselves in the books they read. That same commitment to diversity runs through all we do and gives each of us an opportunity to express our full selves while feeling a sense of belonging to a larger community.
- Hard Work: We believe that hard work keeps paying off and you can’t microwave experience. We finish stronger than we start.
- Awesomeness: This one speaks for itself.
If this hits you in the heart and mind, then come work with us.