The Big Picture
Can you bring your creative and visionary skills to help us build an insanely useful product? You will have the autonomy, access and support to do meaningful work that has huge impact on our current client population of over three million readers. Contagious enthusiasm for Zoobean's mission and the passion to learn is essential in this role.
You will join a scrappy, dynamic, and fun crew of eighteen full-time teammates, including six full-time product team members. The best part is that you get a unique opportunity to use your strengths and skills to challenge others to read more. After all, reading is to the mind as exercise is to the body.
Zoobean’s flagship products help people achieve reading goals by tracking reading and participating in reading challenges. We serve over 5,000 public library and school clients in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Over two million readers currently use our platform, Beanstack, to track their reading, earn incentives, and stay motivated to read.
Our Shark Tank appearance brought us Mark Cuban as an investor. We have since picked up Kapor Capital, Militello Capital, AlphaLab Gear, RevUp Capital, and the AT&T Aspire Accelerator as believers and backers to our wonderful cause. Our customers range from big to small and include Los Angeles Public Library, Hawaii Department of Education, and the Department of Defense.
- Collaborate with product team to develop and maintain full-stack software projects.
- Field questions from other product team members or client success team.
- Provide front- and back-end support for software running in production.
- Discuss technical issues with peers and non-technical team members.
- Manage individual project priorities and deadlines.
- Based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Skills and Experience
- 1–3 years web development experience.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and AngularJS frameworks, or the ability and desire to learn both quickly.
- Analytical thinker with exceptional problem-solving skills.
A Big Plus
- Experience working in a startup environment - able to juggle multiple projects and switch tasks throughout the day.
- Experience building and/or maintaining apps using Ruby on Rails, React and Redux, and/or React Native.
- Experience designing, building, and/or maintaining REST APIs.
- Experience writing code that adheres to web standards and accessibility (WCAG 2.0 AA).
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- 1+ years of industry experience building client-facing products and services.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent practical experience.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary will range from $70,000 to $100,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance available
- Opportunity to work from home at least two days a week
- At least 15 vacation days annually + a one week winter break from Xmas Eve to New Year's Day
- Participation in company's quarterly bonus plan for employees
- Tuesday and Friday lunch on your company credit card
- $1,200 annual professional development stipend
From the Heart
At Zoobean, we live out three core values that are represented in our logo:
- Love: We are passionate about the work we do and give everything we can to our customers, investors, and each other.
- Inclusion: Our company grew out of a calling to help children and families see themselves in the books they read. That same commitment to diversity runs through all we do and gives each of us an opportunity to express our full selves while feeling a sense of belonging to a larger community.
- Awesomeness: This one speaks for itself.
If this hits you in the heart and mind, then come work with us.