The Big Picture
Can you bring your creative and visionary skills to help us build a ridiculously useful product? You will have the autonomy, access and support to do meaningful work that has huge impact on our current client population of over three million readers. Contagious enthusiasm for Zoobean's mission and the passion to learn is essential in this role.
You will join a scrappy, dynamic, and fun crew of twenty-five full-time teammates, including ten full-time product team members. The best part is that you get a unique opportunity to use your strengths and skills to challenge others to read more. After all, reading is to the mind as exercise is to the body.
Zoobean’s flagship products help people achieve reading goals by tracking reading and participating in reading challenges. We serve over 7,000 public library and school clients in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Over three million readers currently use our platform, Beanstack, to track their reading, earn incentives, and stay motivated to read.
Our Shark Tank appearance brought us Mark Cuban as an investor. We have since picked up Kapor Capital, Militello Capital, AlphaLab Gear, RevUp Capital, and the AT&T Aspire Accelerator as believers and backers to our wonderful cause. Our customers range from big to small and include Los Angeles Public Library, Hawaii Department of Education, and the Department of Defense.
- Work closely with Design, Product, and Marketing teams to produce high quality and polished deliverables.
- Create and format high quality digital assets such as advertisements, landing pages, and outbound promotional materials that are suitable for web/mobile.
- Support business needs by producing and updating templates for design assets and presentation decks.
- Stay up-to-date on company services/offerings, competitive research, and current industry trends.
- Maintain a dialogue with the team about workflow, expectations, and progress.
- Other design responsibilities as needed.
- 2+ years of experience in a design position.
- Advanced knowledge of commonly used design tools (Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) with experience in graphic design for print materials.
- Exceptional typographical skills, layout, and/or illustration abilities.
- Strong commitment to timelines, accuracy, and professionalism. Excellent attention to detail and solid organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to demonstrate self-confidence, energy, and enthusiasm.
- Based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
A Big Plus
- Experience with Email Design and Marketing Tools.
- Experience in building and maintaining presentation decks in Google Slides or Keynote.
- Experience in Motion Design and/or Video Editing.
- Experience working in a startup environment - able to juggle multiple projects and switch tasks throughout the day.
- BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Advertising, or related and/or equivalent practical experience.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary will range from $50,000 to $70,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance available.
- Opportunity to work from home at least two days a week. (We are working remotely full-time through at least the end of 2020.)
- At least 15 vacation days annually + a one-week winter break from Xmas Eve to New Year's Day.
- Participation in company's quarterly bonus plan for employees.
- Tuesday and Friday lunch on your company credit card.
- $1,200 annual professional development stipend.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity breeds innovation. We're building a product that helps librarians, educators, and families everywhere, and to do that well, we need a workforce that’s representative of the population we serve. We are actively looking to add members to our team who will bring diverse backgrounds, new perspectives, and a willingness to challenge us to improve the work we do every day.
From the Heart
At Zoobean, we live out three core values that are represented in our logo:
- Love: We are passionate about the work we do and give everything we can to our customers, investors, and each other.
- Inclusion: Our company grew out of a calling to help children and families see themselves in the books they read. That same commitment to diversity runs through all we do and gives each of us an opportunity to express our full selves while feeling a sense of belonging to a larger community.
- Awesomeness: This one speaks for itself.
If this hits you in the heart and mind, then come work with us.