The Big Picture
Are you looking for an opportunity to do well by doing good? At Zoobean, you will have the opportunity to do meaningful work that helps grow our current client population of school districts and public libraries, serving over two million readers.
We’re now hiring a Hubspot Administrator who manages the ins and outs of our HubSpot account. You should have a solid understanding of HubSpot’s functionalities and how to set up our account in a way that takes full advantage of these features. Automations, integrations, migrations, training — it’s all your jam. You also understand RevOps, how our HubSpot account is segmented and why, and how sales, marketing, and service can be aligned to streamline processes and achieve growth. Bottom line? The Hubspot administrator will help us use the platform in a way that better serves our internal teams, so we can better serve our customers. The position will report to the Vice President of Sales and will be a trusted guide to company-wide alignment.
You will join a kind, clear, and hard-working crew driven to achieve and make a measurable, meaningful impact. The best part is that you get a unique opportunity to use your strengths and skills to challenge others to read more. After all, reading is to the mind as exercise is to the body.
Generally, these are some of the day-to-day tasks our HubSpot Admin will be able to do for us:
- Assist with CRM implementation and onboarding
- Permission and set up user roles in your HubSpot account
- Customize views, properties, and workflows in our HubSpot account
- Implement HubSpot automation to support business processes
- Integrate other platforms and apps with our HubSpot account
- Build HubSpot reports to measure various sales, marketing, and service efforts
- Complete HubSpot portal audits to identify opportunities for improvement
- Create, manage, and schedule HubSpot training guides
- Provide HubSpot technical support as needed
Aside from technical skills, there are a few other traits we want to find in our HubSpot Admin:
- You’re a nerd at heart - There’s not much that gets you more excited than diving into new technologies and data sets.
- But you’re also a good communicator - As the person responsible for providing HubSpot tech support and training to the rest of our team, you need to be likable, approachable, and able to communicate new concepts effectively.
- Aaaand a great problem solver - Our Hubspot platform comes with old and new challenges, and we need someone who’s willing and able to solve them for us.
You’re also a great fit if you are...
- Aligned with a team-first mentality that values success in collaboration and independent work.
- Excited to learn, implement, and evaluate new strategies.
- Motivated by the opportunity to learn and exceed goals.
- Intrigued by a K12 startup environment that has the potential to evolve rapidly.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2+ years of Hubspot experience required
- Ability to rapidly learn new technology
- Experience collaborating with a team toward a singular goal
- Demonstrated success in solo projects
- A love of learning
- Highest level of professionalism and integrity
A Big Plus++
- Experience in Education
- An avid reader, podcast listener, and Shark Tank enthusiast
Salary and Benefits
- Salary will range from $80,000 to $100,000 plus commission commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Stock incentives equal to at least .1% ownership in the company
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance available
- Work from home
- At least 15 vacation days annually + a one-week winter break from Xmas Eve to New Year's Day
- Participation in the company's quarterly bonus plan for employees
- Friday lunch on your company credit card
- $1,200 annual professional development stipend
Zoobean’s flagship products help people achieve reading goals by tracking reading and participating in reading challenges. We serve over 10,000 public library and school clients in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Over four million readers use our platform, Beanstack, to track their reading, earn incentives, and stay motivated to read.
Our Shark Tank appearance brought us Mark Cuban as an investor. We have since picked up Kapor Capital, Militello Capital, AlphaLab Gear, RevUp Capital, and the AT&T Aspire Accelerator as believers and backers to our wonderful cause. Our customers range from big to small and include Los Angeles Public Library, Hawaii Department of Education, and the Department of Defense.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity breeds innovation. We're building a product that helps librarians, educators, and families everywhere, and to do that well, we need a workforce representative of the population we serve. We are actively looking to add members to our team who will bring diverse backgrounds, new perspectives, and a willingness to challenge us to improve the work we do every day.
From the Heart
At Zoobean, we live out three core values that are represented in our logo:
- Love: We are passionate about our work and give everything we can to our customers, investors, and each other.
- Inclusion: Our company grew out of a calling to help children and families see themselves in the books they read. That same commitment to diversity runs through all we do and allows us to express ourselves while feeling a sense of belonging to a larger community.
- Awesomeness: This one speaks for itself.
Come work with us if this hits you in the heart and mind.