The Big Picture
Do you take pride in helping schools succeed? Are you constantly looking for opportunities to do well by doing good? At Zoobean, you will have the opportunity to do meaningful work that helps grow our current client population, of school districts and public libraries, serving over two million readers.
Zoobean is hiring now for an EdTech sales professional who has a successful history selling SaaS solutions to key decision makers in the K12 education marketplace. This highly motivated candidate will lead all new account acquisition and renewal/upsell opportunities with current clients. Contagious enthusiasm for Zoobean's mission and the passion to learn is essential in this role. This can be a remote position, Washington, DC area preferred.
You will join a scrappy, dynamic, and fun crew of eighteen full-time teammates, including three sales and marketing members. The best part is that you get a unique opportunity to use your strengths and skills to challenge others to read more. After all, reading is to the mind as exercise is to the body.
Zoobean’s flagship products help people achieve reading goals by tracking reading and participating in reading challenges. We serve over 5,000 public library and school clients in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Over two million readers currently use our platform, Beanstack, to track their reading, earn incentives, and stay motivated to read.
Our Shark Tank appearance brought us Mark Cuban as an investor. We have since picked up Kapor Capital, Militello Capital, AlphaLab Gear, RevUp Capital, and the AT&T Aspire Accelerator as believers and backers to our wonderful cause. Our customers range from big to small and include Los Angeles Public Library, Hawaii Department of Education, and the Department of Defense.
- Generate revenue by selling Beanstacks software as a service and implementation services to K-12 districts
- New account acquisition through multiple prospecting activities including cold calls, referrals, and qualified leads provided by our marketing and business development teams
- Consistently provide an exceptional experience for our clients throughout the solution selling process
- Relentless sales pipeline management leveraging our CRM (Hubspot.com)
- Meet or exceed sales quota and other key performance goals including new account acquisition, renewal rate, and win rate
- Develop mastery of our comprehensive product suite and the competitive landscape
- Deliver effective, engaging, and interactive presentations and product demonstrations, both live on-site and virtually via webinars/video conference calls
- Forecast accurately and transparently
- Represent Zoobean at conferences as required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3+ years of selling SaaS-based solutions to the K12 Education market preferred
- Proven track record of exceeding sales goals and successfully prospecting and closing new accounts
- Experience using CRM software like Salesforce and Hubspot
- Availability to travel in assigned territory as needed
- Highest level of professionalism and integrity
Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of the solution selling process, and the ability to lead contract negotiations with all key stakeholders within a school district
- Exceptional communicator, both verbal and written
- Excellent presentation skills, both live and via webinar
- Strong relationship building skills, both internally and externally
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- High comfort level making cold calls
- Strong sense of urgency
A Big Plus++
- Experience in the Education or Library Industries
- Experience collaborating with a team both locally and virtually
- Location: Washington, DC
Salary and Benefits
- Salary will range from $70,000 to $100,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance available
- Opportunity to work from home at least one day a week
- At least 15 vacation days annually + a one week winter break from Xmas Eve to New Year's Day
- Participation in company's quarterly bonus plan for employees
- Tuesday and Friday lunch on your company credit card
- $1,200 annual professional development stipend
From the Heart
At Zoobean, we live out three core values that are represented in our logo:
- Love: We are passionate about the work we do and give everything we can to our customers, investors, and each other.
- Inclusion: Our company grew out of a calling to help children and families see themselves in the books they read. That same commitment to diversity runs through all we do and gives each of us an opportunity to express our full selves while feeling a sense of belonging to a larger community.
- Awesomeness: This one speaks for itself.
If this hits you in the heart and mind, then come work with us.