The Big Picture
Do you take pride in helping schools succeed? Are you constantly looking for opportunities to do well by doing good? At Zoobean, you will have the opportunity to do meaningful work that helps grow our current client population, of public libraries and school districts, serving over two million readers.
Zoobean is now hiring for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) who has been successful selling SaaS solutions to key decision makers in the K12 market. This highly motivated candidate’s primary focus will be outbound lead generation and qualification efforts. Contagious enthusiasm for Zoobean's mission and the passion to learn is essential in this role. This can be a remote position, Washington, DC area preferred.
You will join a scrappy, generous, and entrepreneurial crew of twenty-five full-time teammates, including four sales and marketing members. The best part is that you get a unique opportunity to use your strengths and skills to challenge others to read more. After all, reading is to the mind as exercise is to the body.
Zoobean’s flagship products help people achieve reading goals by tracking reading and participating in reading challenges. We serve over 10,000 public library and school clients in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Over four million readers use our platform, Beanstack, to track their reading, earn incentives, and stay motivated to read.
Our Shark Tank appearance brought us Mark Cuban as an investor. We have since picked up Kapor Capital, Militello Capital, AlphaLab Gear, RevUp Capital, and the AT&T Aspire Accelerator as believers and backers to our wonderful cause. Our customers range from big to small and include Los Angeles Public Library, Hawaii Department of Education, and the Department of Defense.
A Day in the Life
As the Sales Development Representative (SDR) for Zoobean’s School team, lead generation and qualification is the name of the game. So your typical day may include, but not be limited to:
- Proactive, value-add, and research-driven cold outreach (call and email)
- Calling inbound pricing requests within the same business day
- Hosting discovery calls to qualify potential new customers
- Scheduling Beanstack demos for the Director of School Accounts
- Designing persona-based sequence campaigns
- Collaborating with Zoobean’s school team to identify new partnership opportunities
- Diligently managing your pipeline in Hubspot
- Representing Zoobean at conferences (digital and in-person) as required
- Occasionally leading high level demos/webinars of Beanstack
- Always providing the most exceptional sales experience for our customers
What Success Looks Like
A successful SDR will be a team-first contributor, who is extremely dependable, can quickly adapt, and loves to learn/sell. Your success will be measured in several ways.
- Typical KPIs - # of Leads Generated/Qualified, Activity Rate, Pipeline Contribution, etc.
- Continuous growth in sales skills like objection handling, active listening, and presenting
- Development in Zoobean’s four key areas of practice (vision, relationships, process, and problem solving)
Who is your team?
You will periodically have the opportunity to collaborate with the entire company in some fashion. Day-in and day-out, though, you will report directly to Dave Hopp, Director of School Accounts, while also collaborating with Felix Brandon Lloyd, Co-Founder and CEO.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1+ years of SaaS selling experience preferred
- Proven track record in exceeding goals (sales goals preferred)
- Ability to rapidly learn new technology
- Experience collaborating with a team towards a singular goal
- Demonstrated success in solo projects
- A love of learning
- Highest level of professionalism and integrity
- Availability to travel in assigned territory as needed
A Big Plus++
- Experience in Education
- An avid reader, podcast listener, and Shark Tank enthusiast
- Location: Washington, DC
Salary and Benefits
- Salary will range from $45,000 to $65,000 plus commission commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance available
- Work from home for all of 2021 and for most days of the week as workplaces open after 2021
- At least 15 vacation days annually + a one week winter break from Xmas Eve to New Year's Day
- Participation in company's quarterly bonus plan for employees
- Friday lunch on your company credit card
- $1,200 annual professional development stipend
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity breeds innovation. We're building a product that helps librarians, educators, and families everywhere, and to do that well, we need a workforce that’s representative of the population we serve. We are actively looking to add members to our team who will bring diverse backgrounds, new perspectives, and a willingness to challenge us to improve the work we do every day.
From the Heart
At Zoobean, we live out four core values that are represented in our logo:
- Love: We are passionate about the work we do and give everything we can to our customers, investors, and each other.
- Inclusion: Our company grew out of a calling to help children and families see themselves in the books they read. That same commitment to diversity runs through all we do and gives each of us an opportunity to express our full selves while feeling a sense of belonging to a larger community.
- Hard Work: We believe that hard work keeps paying off and you can’t microwave experience. We finish stronger than we start.
- Awesomeness: This one speaks for itself.
If this hits you in the heart and mind, then come work with us.