The Big Picture
Zoobean is seeking a full-time Copywriter to provide support to our marketing, design product, and client success teams. In this role, you will bring big picture vision and strategic smarts to the company’s copywriting needs; everything from website, collateral, events, email, blogs, and social. This role is ideal for someone with approximately 1-2 years experience in copywriting, or a related field, and who is detail-oriented, highly motivated, and willing to be the ultimate team player.
Zoobean’s flagship products help people achieve reading goals by tracking reading and participating in reading challenges. We serve over 10,000 public library and school clients in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Over three million readers currently use our platform, Beanstack, to track their reading, earn incentives, and stay motivated to read.
Our Shark Tank appearance brought us Mark Cuban as an investor. We have since picked up Kapor Capital, Militello Capital, AlphaLab Gear, RevUp Capital, and the AT&T Aspire Accelerator as believers and backers to our wonderful cause. Our customers range from big to small and include Los Angeles Public Library, Hawaii Department of Education, and the Department of Defense.
- Write clear, concise, grammatically correct, and attractive copy with a distinct voice
- Collaborate with marketing, design, product, client success, and other professionals on large- and small-scale marketing projects (e.g. case studies, email campaigns, and landing pages)
- Document and explain product functionality for our clients and users in the form of help articles, newsletter blurbs, and how-to guides, especially as Beanstack evolves
- Contribute to copy in Beanstack products and product content as needed
- Interpret copywriting briefs and team feedback to understand project requirements.
- Understand different language styles that appeal to various target markets
- Conduct high-quality research that influences copywriting
- Developing and maintaining a clear and consistent brand voice
- Edit and proofread copy as needed to ensure editorial standards are met across all content outputs.
- Drive brand consistency across all company communications
- Use SEO principles to maximize copy’s reach
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1+ years professional experience
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities at the same time, completing tasks in a timely manner
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Highest level of professionalism and integrity
Skills and Abilities
- Must have a strong command of style and voice in order to write, execute and develop a wide range of creative concepts.
- Expert writing skills are required. As are strong verbal, conceptual, and visual communication skills.
- Must be a creative, self-motivated team player willing to take on all challenges and develop forward-thinking solutions.
- An enthusiastic and “can-do” team spirit
- Strong relationship-building skills, both internally and externally
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of urgency and willingness to meet deadlines.
- Receptiveness to feedback.
A Big Plus
- Experience writing for SaaS or ed-tech
- Experience with SEO
Salary and Benefits
- Location: Remote
- Salary will range from $50,000 to $80,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K Plan with company match
- Participation in company’s stock incentive plan
- Participation in company's quarterly bonus plan for employees
- Work from home with the option to have the company lease co-working space on your behalf
- $500 home office setup stipend
- Attend in-person team lunches every 6 weeks in Pittsburgh, DC, or Indianapolis
- Optionally participate in our annual team “refresh” where we kick back together at a resort or other destination
- At least 15 vacation days annually + a one week winter break from Xmas Eve to New Year's Day
- Office closed for all federal holidays
- Friday lunch on your company credit card
- $1,200 annual professional development stipend
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity breeds innovation. We're building a product that helps librarians, educators, and families everywhere, and to do that well, we need a workforce that’s representative of the population we serve. We are actively looking to add members to our team who will bring diverse backgrounds, new perspectives, and a willingness to challenge us to improve the work we do every day.
From the Heart
At Zoobean, we live out three core values that are represented in our logo:
- Love: We are passionate about the work we do and give everything we can to our customers, investors, and each other.
- Inclusion: Our company grew out of a calling to help children and families see themselves in the books they read. That same commitment to diversity runs through all we do and gives each of us an opportunity to express our full selves while feeling a sense of belonging to a larger community.
- Hard Work: We believe that hard work keeps paying off and you can’t microwave experience. We finish stronger than we start.
- Awesomeness: This one speaks for itself.
If this hits you in the heart and mind, then come work with us.