How Reading Fundraisers Work
In a reading fundraiser, students and families log all their reading and collect donations from friends, family, and local community members to earn badges and work toward a community fundraising goal.
- Swift and painless setup with completely customizable artwork
- Streamlined virtual management and progress tracking tools
- Fully virtual platform with no physical setup, inventory, or volunteers needed
- Seamless integration with your student rosters and Beanstack library accounts
- Ready-made promotional materials and flyers to get the word out
- Dedicated and responsive customer support
- Individual donation pages and donor messages for each participant
- Built-in fundraising messages for readers to email, text, or share on social media
- A mobile app and year-round challenges that grow reading habits
- Data-driven gamification tools like donation badges, reading streaks, and leaderboards
- Secure online payment processing and data storage
- Low commission fees ranging from 10-25%
- High-visibility business sponsorship opportunities
- Easy participation tools to expand your donor base beyond planned giving and physical fundraising drives
Get Your Community Reading and Raising
Our reading fundraisers help you encourage reading, expand your donor base, and raise more money. They're easier and more equitable than book fairs, physical fundraising drives, and other educational fundraisers, helping you reach different donors than traditional capital campaigns.
Lighten Your Staff's Load
Whether you're a PTO member, teacher, librarian, or school administrator, our simple software and dedicated service help make your readathon successful. You can easily:
Customize your virtual reading fundraiser
Add special prizes
Promote fundraising pages on social media
Check top readers and raisers
Track community progress
Smooth Donation Collection Process
Each reader has their own individual fundraising page to share out with their friends, family members, and connections near and far. Donors and local businesses can send secure donations and leave encouraging messages to their readers online, without the hassle of dealing with cash, checks, and change.
Motivation to Read and Raise
Our reading fundraisers put all the gamified components of reading challenges to work toward raising money for your school library or local community. Readers from kids to parents earn motivational badges as they add to their reading log, rack up donations, connect with friends, and read encouraging messages from their sponsors.
With your whole school, district, or community using Beanstack for year-round reading programs and literacy efforts, activating your community of readers is a snap. Kids, students, and families can use their existing accounts, build on their reading logs, and track progress toward reading goals while participating in your readathon.