At Zoobean, we live out three core values that are represented in our logo:
- Love: We are passionate about the work we do and give everything we can to our customers, investors, and each other.
- Inclusion: Our company grew out of a calling to help children and families see themselves in the books they read. That same commitment to diversity runs through all we do and gives each of us an opportunity to express our full selves while feeling a sense of belonging to a larger community.
- Awesomeness: This one speaks for itself.
If this hits you in the heart and mind, then come to us.
Zoobean’s flagship products include a web application and companion mobile app to help people participate in reading challenges. We serve over 1,000 public library and school clients in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Over two million readers currently use our platform to track their reading, earn incentives, and stay motivated to read.
Our Shark Tank appearance brought us Mark Cuban as an investor. We have since picked up Kapor Capital, Militello Capital, AlphaLab Gear, RevUp Capital, and the AT&T Aspire Accelerator as believers and backers to our wonderful cause. Our customers range from big to small and include Brooklyn Public Library, Broward County Public Schools, and the Department of Defense.
You will join an energetic, friendly, and fun crew of 12 of us full-time team members and growing. And you will have a unique opportunity to use your vision and efforts to help challenge people to read more. After all, reading is to the mind as exercise is to the body.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Can you bring your passion and know how to help us reach more families with an insanely useful product? You will have the autonomy, access, and support to do meaningful work that has huge impact on over 100,000 schools and libraries.
We are seeking a Sales Director with a strong experience in sales and account management. This position will lead direct integrated sales efforts that will require equal parts nurturing and care of current partners and targeted sales efforts.
The role will manage a sales team member and will be responsible for building and executing sales processes and systems. You will be in charge of finding business opportunities and managing partner relationships. You’ll be directly responsible for the expansion of our customer base. The goal is to find opportunities and turn them in long-term profitable relationships based on trust and mutual satisfaction.
- You have an outstanding track record of consistently meeting/exceeding sales quotas personally and as a Sales leader.
- You understand that sales are ultimately about relationships and helping to solve a problem for our partners.
- You have a proven ability to build sales strategies and drive sales pipeline to closures and consistently exceed revenue targets.
- You are highly motivated by managing the sales cycle from prospect to close.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue targets.
- Manage sales process from prospecting to negotiation, to the signing of the contract.
- Make a high volume of daily emails and phone calls to decision makers.
- Conduct exemplary sales presentations and product demos.
- Use, maintain, and manage all opportunity data in Salesforce.com.
- Effectively communicate Zoobean’s value propositions to key decision makers.
- Forecast sales activity, revenue achievement, and update activity/prospect status in weekly sales meeting.
- Prior relevant sales experience (5+ years).
- Outstanding knowledge of Google Suite; knowledge of CRM software, like Salesforce.com.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships.
- Organizational and self time-management skills.
- Location: Remote - U.S. time zone overlap preferred.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Education or library industry experience preferred but not required
- Based in Washington, DC
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Full time annual salary – dependent on experience
- Participation in company stock and option plan
- Flexible vacation
- $3K desk set up of your choice
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance reimbursement
When applying please provide salary requirements and a pitch for why you are the right person to join our team! Want to really wow us? Record a quick video or devise some other way of showing us why you are the right person for this opportunity and reach out directly to our President & Co-Founder at Felix@zoobean.com.