Visionary Product Designer
THE BIG PICTURE
Can you bring your creative and visionary product design skills to help us build an insanely useful product? You will have the autonomy, access and support to do meaningful work that has huge impact on our current client population of over two million readers.
Zoobean’s flagship products include a web application and companion mobile app to help people participate in reading challenges. We serve over 1,000 public library and school clients in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Over two million readers currently use our platform to track their reading, earn incentives, and stay motivated to read.
Our Shark Tank appearance brought us Mark Cuban as an investor. We have since picked up Kapor Capital, Militello Capital, AlphaLab Gear, RevUp Capital, and the AT&T Aspire Accelerator as believers and backers to our wonderful cause. Our customers range from big to small and include Brooklyn Public Library, Broward County Public Schools, and the Department of Defense.
You will join an energetic, friendly, and fun crew of 12 of us full-time with 5 product team members and growing. And you will have a unique opportunity to use your vision and efforts to help challenge people to read more. After all, reading is to the mind as exercise is to the body.
- Drive key product decisions and dig deep to understand user behavior/desires
- Collaborate with talented engineers to bring your visions to life
- Leverage your Sketch or Photoshop skills to design clean, innovative interfaces for apps and/or the web, marketing materials, and sales materials
- Conduct user research and glean insights that are actionable and valuable to the product team and to company leadership
- Discuss and defend your designs with the product team
- Collaborate and consult with our client success team
- Conduct usability studies of new designs and features
- Analyze metrics of how your designs are performing and iterate to improve them
- Take Zoobean's design to the next level and provide guidance on the overall product roadmap
- Online portfolio with web and app design samples
- Visionary ideas and experience to bring to life in real products
- Location: Remote - U.S. timezone overlap preferred
A BIG PLUS ++
- 2+ years of industry experience designing a real product (that you can show)
- Experience doing illustration work
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, or Washington, DC
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Full time annual salary – dependent on experience
- Participation in company stock and option plan
- Flexible vacation
- $3K desk set up of your choice
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance reimbursement
FROM THE HEART
At Zoobean, we live out three core values that are represented in our logo:
- Love: We are passionate about the work we do and give everything we can to our customers, investors, and each other.
- Inclusion: Our company grew out of a calling to help children and families see themselves in the books they read. That same commitment to diversity runs through all we do and gives each of us an opportunity to express our full selves while feeling a sense of belonging to a larger community.
- Awesomeness: This one speaks for itself.
If this hits you in the heart and mind, then come to us.